Simple recipe for this Sunday! After Meal Prepping and Baking on a Sunday Afternoon, I usually want a simple and quick dinner as I prep for the week ahead! Today, that is Avocado Fries, a super easy and quick, semi healthy snack to ward off the Sunday Scaries. Although I do not follow a keto diet (I’m never giving up carbs, they’re my lifeblood), these are keto friendly!
Another confession, I don’t really like avocados. I force myself to eat them for the healthy fats or whatever but they have nooooo taste! I understand I am in the minority there but I had to get that off my chest. If the avocados aren’t fried or mixed with a ton of spices on a piece of sourdough…I don’t want it.
A Few Tips:
- I used Almond Flour as my anti-inflammatory diet calls for limited gluten but if all you have is All-Purpose Flour, that will totally work. Here is the Almond Flour I used!
- I like to fry in Avocado oil because there’s something about frying avocado in it’s own oil…yeah, I don’t know…but anyways, feel free to use your oil of choice! I used this one!
- Make sure you get an avocado that isn’t completely ripe. You want it to be a little hard so it gets nice and melty during frying but doesn’t fall apart.
- Feel Free to experiment with what you put in your batter ingredients! I loooooove the taste of Dijon Mustard so I put a teaspoon beaten in with my egg and I’m also obsessed with the Everything But The… Seasoning from Trader Joe’s in the Almond Flour. You can do anything you’d like!
- When you are frying the avocado slices, make sure you don’t crowd the pan, it may take you two or three rounds to get all the avocado fried.
- One Medium Sized Avocado, Sliced
- One Egg, Beaten
- 1 Cup Almond Flour (Depending on how you bread, you may need more)
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- Heat Avocado Oil in large Sauce Pan on Medium High Heat
- Dredge Avocado Oil in Egg, then Almond Flour until all parts are covered and place into pan.
- Fry each slice of avocado around 2 minutes on each side or until brown and crispy.
- Serve with your sauce of choice and enjoy this easy and delicious recipe as a side or app!