I’m about to offend so many people and, I am really sorry but, someone has to say it…Eggnog is gross! You guyssss! There are so many delicious festive cocktails to enjoy this time of year that we don’t have to put up with it anymore! Below are my favorite drinks to help us all survive the most wonderful time of the year! Okay…and I even put a nog with in there…fiiiiine.
I think what you serve a drink in is almost as important as the taste so if you are wondering what to serve each drink it, HERE is a great article on glassware!
Pomegranate Punch: Serve in Punch Mugs
Blood Oranges and Pomegranates are two of my favorite fruits and I love that they are in season together! This punch uses both and is the perfect compliment to a hearty winter meal! It should be served chilled so ensure all your additions are cold and make it ahead of time so the flavors have time to meld in the fridge.
- 1 Large Pomegranate, seeded
- Juice of 10 Blood Oranges
- 8 ounces Vodka (regular or citrus flavored), chilled
- 8 ounces Mandarine Napolean Liquer, Chilled (this is worth the splurge, I promise!)
- Blood Orange slices for Garnish
Add all ingredients to a punch bowl and lay orange slices on top!
Christmas Margaritas: Serve in Rocks Glasses
Margaritas are my husband’s specialty so when he decided to put a Christmas twist on them, I was in heaven! This is great with Cranberry or Pomegranate juice! (I like both!) We are not fans of salted rims but if you are, use large rock salt mixed with some Lime Zest!
- 1 Cup Tequila (we are fans of Anejo)
- 1 Cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 Cup Cranberry or Pomegranate Juice
- 1/2 cup fresh Lime Juice (2-3 large limes)
- Pomegranate seeds for Garnish
- Lime Wedges for Garnish
Add all Ingredients to a Pitcher and Chill. Makes 4-6 Servings.
Pear Cobbler: Serve in Martini Glasses
Pear is one of my favorite flavors and brings me back to when my parents would get the Harry and David Pears! We like to use this drink as a light dessert but it would go great any time of the day! The lemon sour mix is a bit of work but I promise…it’s worth it!
- 8 ounces Lemon Sour Mix:
- 1 quart fresh lemon Juice (takes about 25 lemons)
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 Cups Simple Syrup (2 cups sugar, 1 cup water)
- 8 Ounces Spiced Pear Liquer (St. George if you can find it!)
- 4 ounces Triple Sec
- 4 Dried Pear Slices for Garnish
Fill a pitcher with ice, add sour mix and stir. Add the pear liquer and triple sec and stir until frothy on top. Pour into chilled glasses and float a pear slice on top. Makes 4 Servings.
Christmas Sangria: Serve in Stemless Wine Glasses
I am one who always orders the Sangria and it’s not just for Summer! This white sangria is so easy to throw together for a party, you’ll wonder why you haven’t done it before! This Sangria is great for those bottles of wine your coworker got you…if you know what I mean…
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio
- 1 bottle sparkling wine
- 1 bottle Sparkling Apple Cider
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cranberries
- Rosemary Sprigs
Pour both wines, apple cider and sugar in large pitcher or bowl. Make at least 1 hour ahead and chill. Upon serving, pour a few cranberries and 1 rosemary sprig in each glass then pour sangria over. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice White Russian: Serve in Rocks Glasses
- 3 Ounces Vanilla Vodka
- 3 Ounces Kahlua
- 3 Ounces Coconut Half and Half (regular if you aren’t afflicted by lactose!
- 4 Tablespoons Pumpkin Spice Creamer (Califia Farms is my go-to!)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice to Taste
Fill your rocks glasses halfway with cubed ice and add the vodka and Kahlua, stir, Pour in Half and Half and Pumpkin Spice Creamer. Sprinkle desired amount of Pumpkin Spice on top. Bask in your basicness with me. Makes 2.
Peppermint Nog Milkshake: Serve in your Favorite Holiday Mug!
Alright, so, I’m addicted to all things Peppermint this time of year and if I am going to down some nog, it better be peppamint! This is sure to be a hit with Santa’s cookies.
- Peppermint Ice Cream
- Peppermint Bark for Topping (Ghiradelli’s obviously. C’mon, I live in SF!)
- 1 shot Peppermint Schnapps (per milkshake)
- Your Favorite Eggnog (Again, I go with Califia for non-dairy!)
- Crushed Peppermint for rim, optional
Just blend it like you would any other milkshake! Enjoy and start to think that maaaaaybe egg nog isn’t TOO bad…
What are your favorite cocktails this time of year?