“Well, look at you!” The quintessential grandma greeting and I just love it! My 2018 Resolution was to start greeting every one like that…oh, and to start blogging.
So, yeah, it’s almost half way through February but better late than never? Another grandma-ism? Sure will be if I’m ever Gramified! For the first blog, I thought it best to introduce myself and see where we go from there. Here goes!
- I think age is a useless form of measurement
- I belong to, and married into, a rowdy Irish family
- One of my favorite pastimes is drinking champagne and reading murder mysteries
- I recently moved to the San Francisco Bay Area
- I work in the non-profit world and absolutely love it
- I do not tolerate hatred, ignorance or indifference
- I grew up in a small town in rural Nevada (no, it is not possible to tip a cow)
- My parents are both in the military. We were raised by our grandparents due to their schedules
- I was the epitome of uncool in high school and I wouldn’t trade that for anything
- I broke the Truly Madly Completely: The Best of Savage Garden CD from playing it too much
- I have the weirdest taste in music. I can go from Garth Brooks to Meek Mill in seconds.
- My brother is the funniest person I know
- I cannot dance. Regardless of the music, my hips definitely lie. Zumba is my definition of hell
- My husband and I are parents to a Cream Golden Retriever that runs our lives
- I spend all of my money on traveling, home décor my husband hates or shoes
- I know our world would be a better place if we all had more green juice and did more face masks
- I think bananas are the foulest food to ever exist
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos are God’s gift to the world. Bonus points if they are the Limon flavor
- I have the best girlfriends around and have realized how important quality over quantity is
- My mom is seriously the biggest Girl Boss you will ever meet
- I’m obsessed with all things Christmas
- I try to eat a primarily plant based diet but Nachos are my kryptonite
- My favorite move is Chocolat closely followed by A Little Princess
- My husband has more fashion sense than I do. If I am ever wearing anything cute, he picked it.
Okay, well if anyone is still here, thanks for reading! I’m excited to get started and write drunk, edit sober all over this site.
Have a wonderful day!